In Brady vs Manning Somehow Shaughnessy is Biggest Loser
When it matters Tom Brady is still the best. You have to look at the whole body of work; sure, he didn’t have the best year ever this year. How could anyone expect him to given the circumstances (it was still pretty good for the record). Now look at this from wikipedia
Post-season records and statistics
- NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay’s Bart Starr).
- Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
- 3 Super Bowl victories
- 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
- Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
- Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)
- Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)
Fortunately, this is sports and opinions change every day. Now that Manning lost the Super Bowl with his Favre-like pick six, he’s a mere .500 quarterback (9-9) in postseason play. He’s still two rings shy of Brady, who is 14-4 in NFL tournament play.
Nothing beats being wrong on the sports pages of The Boston Globe.